Day nine of the August challenge. Today I’d be sharing some words of wisdom that speak to me, there is no number specified so I’d be going with five.
- ”Whatever is worth doing at all, is worth doing well”. Philip Stanhope : My mother used to say this a lot, so when I think about words of wisdom it readily pops up in my mind. It is a reminder that no matter how little or insignificant the task may seem, it should be done properly.
- ”Seest thou a man diligent in his business? he shall stand before kings; he shall not stand before mean men.” Proverbs 22:29 kJV
- ”Start with GOD- the first step in learning is bowing down to GOD; only fools thumb their noses at such wisdom and learning.” Proverbs 1:7 MSB: This verse of the scripture is more popular in the older versions like the kJV, the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. To me it is a reminder that in anything we do in life especially as Christians, God should come first place.
- ”Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap”. Galatians 6:7 KJV : This is self explanatory already, what you sow, you reap, you cannot sow apple and reap orange. This should be a guiding principle for everyone, our words, actions and even inactions have consequences.
- ”A stitch in time saves nine”: This simply means that if you sort out a problem immediately it may save a lot of extra work later.
I’m going to stop here, I would love to read yours in the comment section below, what words of wisdom speak to you?