December is the month I look forward to every year, not that it’s my birth month, but because it’s a unique month for a great number of people around the world.
As a child, I loved December, which child wouldn’t? The holidays, Christmas carols, beautiful sights, gifts, Christmas lights, the harmattan, christmas clothes (new clothes) and most importantly, traveling to the village to spend Christmas. I’m a lover of family, and Christmas is one of those times I get to see members of my extended family, especially my grandparents.
Even as a grown lady, I love December and I’d love December till I’m a grandma. What really makes December special for me is Christmas and the New Year that follows. Yes! I’m a Christian so, naturally Christmas is dear to me because it’s a celebration of my Lord Jesus Christ and the beautiful life that I have in him.
Just a quick reminder on some really important dates December :
- Dec 1, Saturday: World AIDS Day : To raise awareness of HIV/AIDS and mourn those who have died of the disease. This year’s theme is “Know Your Status “, so ensure you know your HIV status.
- Dec 3, Monday: International Day of Persons with Disabilities : An international observance established by the United Nations to promote the rights and well-being of persons with disabilities in all spheres of society and development. The theme for this year is “Empowering persons with disabilities and ensuring inclusiveness and equality“.
- Dec 10, Monday: Human Rights Day : This is the anniversary of the day that the United Nations General Assembly adopted, in 1948, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. This year 2018, Human Rights Day will mark the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Dec 22, Saturday: Sambisa Memorial Day : A day set aside by the government of Borno State, Nigeria in remembrance of victims of Boko Haram insurgents and to celebrate the defeat of the Boko Haram terrorists by the Nigerian military.
- Dec 24, Monday: Christmas Eve : The evening or entire day before Christmas day, the festival commemorating the birth of Jesus, celebrated by Christian and even non Christians. For me, it’s going to be a Carol night in church, how about you?
- Dec 25, Tuesday: Christmas Day :An annual festival commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ, a religious and cultural celebration among billions of people around the world. The day I’d launch my Christmas dress 😁.
- Dec 26, Wednesday: Boxing Day :It was the day centuries ago when lords of the manor and aristocrats typically distributed “Christmas boxes” often filled with small gifts, money and leftovers from Christmas dinner to their household servants and employees, who were required to work on December 25, in recognition of good service throughout the year. These boxes were in essence, holiday bonus. And I’ve always thought it was about boxing and fights, now I know it’s just a continuation of Christmas day.
- Dec 31, Monday: New Year’s Eve : The last day of the year. In many countries, New Year’s Eve is celebrated at evening social gatherings, where many people dance, eat, and watch or light fireworks to mark the new year. Some Christians attend a watch night service. The celebrations generally go on past midnight into New Year’s day, 1 January. I would be at the Global December 31st New Year’s Eve Service with Pastor Chris, where would you be? I want you to be happy this month, 2018 is winding up and you’re still here on earth, standing strong 💪. You may not have achieved all that you planned to acheive this year, don’t mourn, we’re together in this, but rather than regret and worry, let’s be happy and thankful. Count your blessings in 2018, name them one by one, and it will surprise you what God has done for you, it’s a month to give thanks.
Don’t forget to show some kindness to someone this month. Appreciate the people who have made this year work for you, you could get gifts for your loved ones if you can afford to, it doesn’t have to be very expensive, just to show that they mean something to you. I also have my own gift for you, it’s something that has blessed me and I hope you love it, on the link below👇
Merry Christmas in advance 🎄 🌲 🎄 Do have a beautiful month of December .